MEETING THE IMPOSSIBLE
Congratulations, your entry into the hardest one day triathlon in the world, has been successful (see essential info below).
YOU ARE IN!
PROJECT 8848 – ESSENTIAL INFORMATION
– Between 14H – 18H Friday 16th September.
– At the start of this RACE week you will have received the exact routes for the bike and run section and position of BASE camps via email.
– On the Friday you must REGISTER THE NAME, MOBILE NUMBER and VEHICLE REGISTRATION NUMBER of your nominated support member(s).
– Start time is 6H30 – Saturday 17th September.
– The Swim is 3.8KM.
– You will have a designated area in T1 at the Lake and share the depart with BEARMAN XXL.
– The swim is three loops.
– You will pick up your GPS at the swim exit.
– The Bike leg distance is 170KM /200KM ( ref Strava / Komoot)
– The Bike elevation is 4500m / 6500m (ref Strava / Komoot)
– DANGER ZONE: this is one stretch of road where you will complete MULTIPLE climbs.
– BASE CAMP 1: is situated in this Danger Zone. Your nominated assistant is responsable for making sure all your race affairs (food, clothing etc) are here.
– You are not allowed to be accompanied by a fellow cyclist throughout the DANGER ZONE.
– Your support crew will be allowed to help, feed, encourage you in BASE CAMP 1.
– It is essential that your bike is in sound working order and you have fully working breaks and some form of lighting. We recommend disk breaks.
– The cut off for safety reasons is 15hrs ie you will need to complete the bike segment of the course by 21H30.
– T1 and T2 remain the same as the XXL and HALF
Base CAMP 2 (location announced in RACE WEEK ). Fellow runner – or runners allowed (only one at any given time).
– The Run leg distance is 25KM /45KM (ref Strava / Komoot).
– The Run elevation is 4000m / 5000m (ref Strava / Komoot).
– DEATH ZONE: This is one stretch of road , repeated MULTIPLE times.
– BASE CAMP 2 is situated at a strategic point of the run course, and will be passed multiple times .
– The Run route is almost entirely trail so trail shoes are recommended.
– One assistant must be with you or at Base Camp 2 at all times (this assistant is there for safety and moral support – they are not allowed to pull / push you at any point).
– You must have a head or body torch and carry one mobile between you.
– Your support crew will be allowed to help, feed, encourage you in BASE CAMP 2.
– The Finish is the same as for the XXL and HALF .
– You have 22H to get there.
– We will be waiting.
Although the ultimate goal is to complete the course in 22 hours, most of you won’t. You will however have confronted your impossible.