MEETING THE IMPOSSIBLE
Congratulations, your entry into the hardest one day triathlon in the world, has been successful (see essential info below).
YOU ARE IN!
PROJECT 8848 – ESSENTIAL INFORMATION
– Between 16H – 18H Friday 17th September.
– At this time you will be handed an envelope which will contain the exact routes for the bike and run section and position of BASE camps.
– At this time you must REGISTER THE NAME, MOBILE NUMBER and VEHICLE REGISTRATION NUMBER of your nominated support member(s).
– Start time is 6H30 – Saturday 18th September.
– The Swim is 3.8KM.
– You will have a designated area in T1 at the Lake and share the depart with BEARMAN XXL.
– The swim is three loops.
– You will pick up your GPS at the swim exit.
– The Bike leg distance is 180KM /190KM ( ref Strava / Komoot)
– The Bike elevation is 5600m / 5800m (ref Strava / Komoot)
– DANGER ZONE: this is one stretch of road where you will complete 20 climbs.
– BASE CAMP 1: is situated in this Danger Zone. Your nominated assistant is responsable for making sure all your race affairs (food, clothing etc) are here.
– You are not allowed to be accompanied by a fellow cyclist throughout the DANGER ZONE.
– Your support crew will be allowed to help, feed, encourage you in BASE CAMP 1.
– It is essential that your bike is in sound working order and you have fully working breaks and some form of lighting. We recommend disk breaks.
– The cut off for safety reasons is 16hrs ie you will need to complete the bike segment of the course by 22H30.
– T1 and T2 remain the same.
Base CAMP 2 (location announced at registration). Fellow runner – or runners allowed (only one at any given time).
– The Run leg distance is 42KM /43KM (ref Strava / Komoot).
– The Run elevation is 3200m / 3500m (ref Strava / Komoot).
– DEATH ZONE: This is one stretch of road , repeated 6.5 times (out and back).
– BASE CAMP 2 is situated at the turn around point of the DEATH ZONE.
– The Run route is almost entirely trail so trail shoes are recommended.
– One assistant runner must be with you at all times (-this assistant is there for safety and moral support – they are not allowed to pull / push you at any point).
– You must have a head or body torch and carry one mobile between you.
– Your support crew will be allowed to help, feed, encourage you in BASE CAMP 2.
– The Finish remains in Amelie.
– You have 22H to get there.
– We will be waiting.
Although the ultimate goal is to complete the course in 22 hours, most of you won’t. You will however have confronted your impossible.